Alright, I have barely had this blog for an hour and I already have to rant. Away we go...
If you have Facebook and are between the age of 10-25 or even above or below those ages, you probably have noticed some of the pictures that girls take of themselves and post on their account. The putting-on-a-ton-of-makeup-and-spending-an-hour-doing-my-hair-alone-in-my-room-so-I-can-take-pretty-pictures-of-myself pictures. Once the pictures are posted, girls sometimes put song lyrics or quotes from people like Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn under the picture in the info box. This is an attempt to seem deep and meaningful, which is funny to watch but also extremely annoying. Next, more insecure girls who do the same thing comment on each other's pictures, saying how pretty they are.
"Guuuurl, come onnn ! You so hawt .. Get ugly please ."
"Why are you so gorrrrgeous ?"
"My best friendd if hott ! (:"
"WOW, go die in a holeee . Why are you so prettty ? :("
These comments are then replied to by the girl who posted them in the form of denial.
"Haha nooo, I am sooo uglyy . But you know who IS prettty ? Look in the mirror hun ."
"LOL thanksss but I'm nott .."
"Pfft, no.. you're the hawt oneee !"
"Yea right.. I wasn't just beaat with the ugly sticck , I was born in the uglyy foresst! :'("
These exchanges just go on and on and on forever and they bug me so much! I realize that these girls have serious self confidence issues though, and I feel sorry for them, but at the same time they are usually quite popular, so why do they go to all the trouble of getting ready for these pictures, editing them on Photoshop and such, and Googling some "thoughtful" quotes? Some girls get up to 50 "likes" on their photos, etc. It really bothers me that girls do this. It is like a separate life that they lead online. So shallow and so insecure. I can only hope that these gals will grow out of this phase, because a lot of them have the potential to be successful people.
And to all you girls out there who do that:
Proxy-Connection: keep-alive
Cache-Control: max-age=0
A
For Christ's sake, give it a break. Stop being so fake! Just ignore the girls who do that, and be the one who is a cool cat and does NOT do that. And if you feel like you still have to, at least TAKE THE GODDAMN COMPLIMENT. Just say, "thanks :)". Or, if you really feel the need to, "thanks, you're really pretty also :D". Just try it.
No comments:
Post a Comment